Not a recipe so much as a description of how I made this soup, so Olivia’s Moms can look it over and make sure I’ve not included anything totally innapropriate. If I’ve made a mistake Clare can alway add a bit of salt or hot sauce and enjoy it herself (I’m sure Meredith wouldn’t want the pork hock meat or broth!)
- Vegetable scraps
- Lemon grass
- Lemon peel
- Ginger root
- Outer leaves and ends of leeks
- Pork shin hock bones, trim (solid, lean meat picked over and reserved for soup)
- Dried herbs
Cover scraps with water, bring to a boil, then simmer for a few hours. Strain broth, cool to allow fat to seperate. Skim off fat and discard.
Strain the broth, cool, and remove all fat.
In large soup pot saute the following:
- Diced carrot, celerey, broccoli stems, broccoli florets, mushrooms, parsnips, onion
- truRoots sprouted rice and quinoa blend
- Split green peas, soaked overnight
- Pork hock meat, picked over, lean meat only
- Tiny black lentils
Saute vegetables until translucent, add other ingredients and cover with broth.
Simmer until rice and lentils are soft.
Grown ups could add salt, soy sauce, or miso, hot sauce, chili peppers, smoked paprika, or whatever.